The world is waiting to see just how Sophie Turner‘s breakout role as Sansa Stark will play out in the final season of HBO’s Game of Thrones, but one thing is (M’Kraan) crystal clear: In Dark Phoenix, Turner’s turn as Jean Grey will be full-on villainous. That’s not much of a surprise considering that the new (and final, as far as 20th Century Fox is concerned) X-Men movie bears the name of the iconic antagonist in its very title, but a new TV spot teases the lengths to which Grey’s transformation will go.
Written and directed by Simon Kinberg, and also starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Tye Sheridan, Alexandra Shipp, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Evan Peters, and Jessica Chastain, look for Dark Phoenix in theaters this June 7th.
Check out the new TV spot for Dark Phoenix below:
And here’s your official synopsis:
In DARK PHOENIX, the X-MEN face their most formidable and powerful foe: one of their own, Jean Grey. During a rescue mission in space, Jean is nearly killed when she is hit by a mysterious cosmic force. Once she returns home, this force not only makes her infinitely more powerful, but far more unstable. Wrestling with this entity inside her, Jean unleashes her powers in ways she can neither comprehend nor contain. With Jean spiraling out of control, and hurting the ones she loves most, she begins to unravel the very fabric that holds the X-Men together. Now, with this family falling apart, they must find a way to unite — not only to save Jean’s soul, but to save our very planet from aliens who wish to weaponize this force and rule the galaxy.
- For more on all things Dark Phoenix, be sure to get caught up with these related write-ups:
- Evan Peters, Alexandra Shipp, and Kodi Smit McPhee Talk ‘Dark Phoenix’ and Disneyland
- Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan Talk ‘Dark Phoenix’, Filming in Zero-G, and Disneyland
- Simon Kinberg on ‘Dark Phoenix’, the Status of ‘New Mutants’, ‘355’, and More ‘Twilight Zone’
- Disney-Produced ‘X-Men’ Movies Unlikely Before 2021; ‘Eternals’ to Shoot This Year
- ‘Dark Phoenix’ Director Explains That Major Character Death in the New Trailer