Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar is finally in theaters. As most of you know, Nolan wrote the screenplay based on a previous draft by his brother, Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight). The story finds a crew of astronauts led by Matthew McConaughey setting off into deep space in order to find a new planet that might be inhabitable. Loaded with a great cast (Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, Michael Caine, David Oyelowo, Wes Bentley, John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, Topher Grace, David Gyasi, Mackenzie Foy, Bill Irwin, and Timothee Chalamet) and amazing visuals, Interstellar should be seen on the biggest screen possible. If you have an IMAX theater near you, I strongly suggest seeing it in that format. For more on the film, watch these featurettes, clip, or click here for all our coverage.
At the recent Los Angeles press day I landed a video interview with David Gyasi who plays Romilly, one of the astronauts in the film. He talked about getting cast in Interstellar, what it was like working on the practical sets, his audition process for playing “skinny prisoner” in The Dark Knight Rises and how he almost gave up acting before he landed that role and more. Hit the jump to watch the interview.
- How after playing “skinny prisoner” in Dark Knight Rises he was then in Doctor Who, Cloud Atlas and Interstellar.
- How was he cast in Interstellar?
- Talks about his audition process for The Dark Knight Rises and how he almost gave up being an actor when he got the role.
- How most of the scene was cut out of the film.
- What was it like working on the practical sets with the great cast?