In a meta fashion definitely befitting his Merc with a Mouth, Ryan Reynolds is making an appearance in the Honest Trailer edition of Deadpool, giving Deadpool a few new lines. Much like the movie itself, fans have apparently clamored for an Honest Trailer for the film that “you have to 17 to see but 16 to appreciate” (accompanied by fart noises, of course). It’s hard to lampoon a movie that never took itself seriously, so instead, the trailer is more of a celebration of all of Deadpool’s most sophomoric elements, including “more dick jokes than you can shake a bag of dicks at.”
The trailer does, however, cast some rightful shade on Reynolds’ first incarnation as Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (I forgot about that laser scene … I thankfully forgot most of that movie), but it really has been interesting to watch Reynolds take that character and create something so much better and beloved from its ashes. (It also happens to have ended up as a huge box office hit). Reynolds though, for his part, also fires back at Honest Trailers as a “played-out web series,” keeping things, well, honest.
Check out the trailer below; Deadpool is now available on DVD and Blu-Ray, and also stars Morena Baccarin, Gina Carano, Ed Skrein, and T.J. Miller.
Also be sure to check out all of our recent Deadpool-related coverage:
- The “Summer Movie Season” No Longer Exists
- This New ‘Deadpool’ Blu-ray Ad Has the Cure for What Ails You
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Star Olivia Munn on Why She Ditched ‘Deadpool’
- ‘Deadpool’ Director Tim Miller Breaks Down the Blu-ray’s Deleted Scenes and Extras
- Ryan Reynolds Pens Touching Tribute to 13-Year-Old ‘Deadpool’ Fan Who Died of Cancer