Marvel has released the first Doctor Strange poster online. The film follows Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), a brilliant surgeon who goes to study the mystical arts after his hands becomes crippled in a devastating accident.
This is a lovely and bold poster that’s recalls Marvel’s teaser poster for Thor. Rather than give the title/character name, they instead went with a striking image and the release date. They know there’s a long road ahead until the release date, but this is a good poster to get the film on people’s radar and to get them wanting to know more. It certainly bodes well for the visual aesthetic of the film.
Check out the new Doctor Strange poster below, and come back tonight to check out the first trailer. The film opens November 4th, and also stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Mads Mikkelsen, Tilda Swinton, Rachel McAdams, Scott Adkins, Michael Stuhlbarg, Benedict Wong, and Amy Landecker.
- Kevin Feige Says ‘Doctor Strange’ Will Use 3D to Bend Your Mind
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Screenwriters Reveal a Superhero Who Almost Made the Cut
- ‘Black Panther’: Kevin Feige Reveals Ryan Coogler Is Co-Writing; Talks Filming Dates
- Don’t Expect ‘Inhumans’ to Stick to Its Current Release Date
- Yes, Marvel Characters Will Cameo in the ‘Spider-Man’ Movie