Marvel Studios has revealed the first Doctor Strange trailer. The film introduces the latest superhero in the MCU lineupe, Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), a brilliant surgeon who discovers the realms of magic and alternate dimensions after his hands becomes crippled in a devastating accident. The folks at Marvel have been teasing Doctor Strange as the studio’s most mind-bending movie yet, and the trailer doesn’t disappoint, teasing a slew of stunning visuals and trippy set-pieces. It’s the first trailer, so it’s just a taste of things to come, but I can’t wait to see more, especially more of Tilda Swinton kicking ass.
The psychedelic entry into Marvel’s catalogue is directed by Sinister and The Exorcism of Emily Rose helmer Scott Derrickson from a script by Prometheusscribe Jon Spaights (which was later touched up by Sinister‘s Robert C. Cargill). Doctor Strange also stars Chiwetel Ejiofor as Baron Mordo, Mads Mikkelsen as the mysterious villain, an evil “sorcerer who breaks off into his own sect,” Rachel McAdams as “a fellow surgeon that has a history with Strange,” Tilda Swinton as the gender-swapped Ancient One, and Benedict Wong as Strange’s trusted associate, Wong. As well as Michael Stuhlbarg, Scott Adkins, and Amy Landecker in undisclosed roles.
Doctor Strange arrives in theaers November 4th. Watch the first trailer below.
For more Marvel news:
- Kevin Feige Says ‘Doctor Strange’ Will Use 3D to Bend Your Mind
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Screenwriters Reveal a Superhero Who Almost Made the Cut
- ‘Black Panther’: Kevin Feige Reveals Ryan Coogler Is Co-Writing; Talks Filming Dates
- Don’t Expect ‘Inhumans’ to Stick to Its Current Release Date
- Yes, Marvel Characters Will Cameo in the ‘Spider-Man’ Movie