I love reporting on superhero movie news as much as the next blogger, but what I really love is writing about celebrities who use their status to play real-life heroes. Lots of actors support fantastic causes through raising charitable donations, like Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Jesse Eisenberg are doing for Batman v Superman through Omaze. That’s great and all, but Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson likes to do charity up close and personal.
In between posting pictures of his ridiculous workouts over social media, Johnson made one family’s day. Reaching out to Tater, a young patient battling cancer “like a boss”, Johnson invited them to the Savannah, GA set of Baywatch. The family had been hoping for this outcome thanks to their own social media campaign asking friends to spread the word, and now it seems as if their prayers have been answered.
Take a look at Johnson’s message to Tater below (via Instagram):
Tater! Guess what buddy? I’m coming to meet you!! I want you to be my special guest on our #BAYWATCH set in Savannah, GA. Everyone on set is excited to meet you… especially the pretty girls! Uh oh. Tater, not only am I super pumped to meet you, but I’m a big bald headed LUCKY DUDE to meet you as well. Big man you’re way stronger than I’ll ever be and you better get ready, because I hug like a bear! Can’t wait to meet you Tater and your family big man! Stay strong! Your buddy ~ DJ PS: Your nickname “Tater” is almost as cool as “Rock”. Actually it’s way cooler.
And here’s the family’s reaction to the news (via Facebook):
Here’s what The Rock is up to when he’s not just being the best:
- Dwayne Johnson Is Not Vin Diesel in First Trailer for ‘Ballers’ Season 2
- ‘Baywatch’: Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron Have Some “Alpha Balls” Bonding in First Image
- Dwayne Johnson and New Line Developing ‘San Andreas’ Sequel
- The Rock’s ‘Rampage’ Movie Adds ‘Colony’ Co-Creators Carlton Cuse and Ryan Condal
- ‘Fast 8’ Is Furiously Setting Up a Massive Icelandic Explosion
- Seth Gordon’s Hard-R ‘Baywatch’ Movie Casts Dwayne Johnson’s Love Interest