By now you’ve probably heard the chorus of people singing the praises about director/co-writer/star John Krasinski’s A Quiet Place. So it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise when I tell you it’s as awesome as the buzz says. Krasinski has crafted one of the best horror films I’ve seen in a long time.
Unlike some movies that have a great creature with a bad story, or characters that you care about in a senseless situation, Krasinski has set up a world where you believe what the film is selling and you really care about the characters on screen. It also helps that ILM designed a kick-ass, original monster that will have you on the edge of your seat whenever it creeps out from the shadows.
Look, I could go on and on telling you how great this movie is, but all you need to know is if you want to have a great time at the movies and see something awesome, check out A Quiet Place this weekend. You’ll be happy you did. For more on the film watch the trailer here. A Quiet Place also stars Noah Jupe and Millicent Simmonds.
Last week I got to sit down with Emily Blunt for an exclusive video interview. She talked about what it was like working with her husband for the first time, what scene in the script she was nervous about before filming began, how she originally suggested someone else to play her role and why she changed her mind, how the creature changed a lot during post-production and what it was like for her to see it finished for the first time, and a lot more. In addition, as a huge fan of Doug Liman’s Edge of Tomorrow, I asked her about the status of Edge of Tomorrow 2 and if she was nervous to play Mary Poppins in Mary Poppins Returns.
Check out what Emily Blunt had to say in the player above and below is what we talked about.
- What’s her ice cream flavor and what company?
- Was she nervous to work with her husband?
- How she originally suggested someone else for her role.
- When she decided she wanted to do the role?
- Is their process as actors similar?
- What is it like getting acting notes from her director husband?
- How the creature changed a lot during post-production so what was it like for her to see it finished for the first time?
- What scene in the script she was nervous about doing before filming began?
- What can she say about Edge of Tomorrow 2?
- Was she nervous signing on to play Mary Poppins in Mary Poppins Returns?