TC (Eoin Macken) is a complicated guy. On the one hand, he’s fun-loving, insanely talented and incredibly passionate about saving lives, but he’s also suffering from a serious case of PTSD and it’s affecting his work at San Antonio Memorial and his relationship with his ex-girlfriend, Jordan (Jill Scott). Season 2 of The Night Shift picks up a few months after the events of season 1. TC’s been suspended due to his season 1 finale breakdown/breakthrough so now he’s keeping busy by working in a search and rescue unit and, per usual, saving lives while breaking some rules.
While visiting the show’s Albuquerque, New Mexico set I got the opportunity to sit down with Macken for a brief interview before he had to head off to an ADR session. As one might expect, TC finds himself in loads of crazy situations this season so we discussed the zombie run episode, the stunts Macken gets to do, whether or not we’ll get to learn more about what caused TC and Jordan to break up in the first place and tons more. You can hear about that, Macken’s favorite Albuquerque running spots, learning a little Spanish and more in the video interview below. The Night Shift returns to NBC on Monday, February 23rd at 10pm.
- 00:00 – TC as Hermione – or rather, Her-man-ne.
- 00:38 – What it’s like doing ADR for The Night Shift.
- 01:17 – What it was like first hearing the show was picked up for a second season.
- 01:50 – How going from 8 to 14 episodes changes things for TC.
- 02:35 – Will things get even darker for TC?
- 03:39 – On the zombie run episode.
- 04:52 – Learning Spanish and speaking it a bit more on the show.
- 05:46 – Is he doing more stunts this season?
- 06:25 – Will TC be going out of the hospital a lot again this season?
- 06:50 – Running outside in Albuquerque.
- 07:38 – What happens after TC comes back form his suspension.
- 08:07 – TC’s relationship with Scott this season.
- 08:28 – TC’s relationship with newcomer Dr. Chavez.
- 08:40 – TC’s relationship with Jordan.