Last week we covered the international press day for “Wanted” as a reporter from the website Omelete.
As most of you know, Collider and Omelete are partners. When we post clips or exclusives, they also post it. When they get stuff…we use it. They’re in Portuguese and we’re in English. As I’ve said many times…it’s a perfect marriage. Also, since they’re based in San Paolo, when they get invited to do stuff here in
Anyway, to help promote the film, we were able to speak with James McAvoy, Thomas Kretschmann and Director Timur Bekmambetov. During the time we were able to talk about making the film, what they have coming up, and a lot more.
Since I was out of town last week, I sent a friend and fellow online writer named Fred Topel to cover the interviews. So a big thanks to him for helping us out!
But before getting to the interviews…here’s the synopsis for “Wanted” and here’s a link to some movie clips in case you missed them.
25-year-old Wes (James McAvoy) was the most disaffected, cube-dwelling drone the planet had ever known. His boss chewed him out hourly, his girlfriend ignored him routinely and his life plodded on interminably. Everyone was certain this disengaged slacker would amount to nothing. There was little else for Wes to do but wile away the days anddiein his slow, clock-punching rut.
Until he met a woman named Fox (Angelina Jolie).
After his estranged father is murdered, the deadly sexy Fox recruits Wes into the Fraternity, a secret society that trains Wes to avenge his dad’s death by unlocking his dormant powers. As she teaches him how to develop lightning-quick reflexes and phenomenal agility, Wes discovers this team lives by an ancient, unbreakable code: carry out the death orders given by fate itself.
With wickedly brilliant tutors—including the Fraternity’s enigmatic leader, Sloan (Morgan Freeman)—Wes grows to enjoy all the strength he ever wanted. But, slowly, he begins to realize there is more to his dangerous associates than meets the eye. And as he wavers between newfound heroism and vengeance, Wes will come to learn what no one could ever teach him: he alone controls his destiny.
Again, “Wanted” hits theaters tomorrow.
Timur Bekmambetov Video Interview
- How did he come up with the physics in Wanted
- How did he come up with the action scenes
- He talks about the different ending and he says it won’t be on the DVD
- What’s going on with Twilight Watch
James McAvoy Video Interview
- The character he plays is pretty outrageous, did he ever feel like he had to pull back or he might go too far
- What is the cinematic art of taking a beating?
- How comfortable did he get with guns?
- What were the most demanding physical scenes?
- What green screen work did he do…he talks about the original finale that was cut out of the movie
- Fred asks about his association with other high profile projects like The Hobbit
Thomas Kretschmann Video Interview
- Since he doesn’t have a lot of dialogue ion the movie, what was his way of getting into the character
- How comfortable did he get with the guns
- What were the physical demands of all the stunts
- Fred asks if there is a lot of action in Bryan Singer’s Valkyrie
- He talks about how he got into acting
- What was his first big break
- He also talks about being in The Pianist