Few things are more different than Game of Thrones and, say, a billion-dollar-grossing family film from Walt Disney Animation Studios, and yet there is a really strong Frozen connection hidden in this past Sunday’s Game of Thrones Season 6 finale—if you’re willing to find it. Spoilers for the Season 6 finale follow, obviously…
So if you watched last Sunday’s extra-long episode, you witnessed that stunning opening sequence in which all of Cersei’s plans fell into place and she exacted her long-awaited revenge. Someone felt a need to see if the scene matched up to the Oscar-winning song “Let It Go” from Frozen, and wouldn’t you know it, it really, really does. I mean it takes the drama out of the scene, but it’s kind of hilarious (at least until you remember Tommen’s just about to take a leap out a window).
And indeed, as we saw at the end of the episode, there may be more than a passing resemblance to Frozen as Cersei is now the iciest queen in all the land, sitting atop the Iron Throne with no children, a hell of a lot of anger, and pretty much nothing to lose. Watch out, Westeros.
Check out the Game of Thrones/Frozen video below (via E! Online).
For more of our Game of Thrones finale coverage, peruse the links below:
- HBO Confirms Jon Snow’s Parents with Detailed ‘Game of Thrones’ Infographic
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Directors Revealed
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Showrunners Tease the Show’s Final Two Seasons
- ‘Game of Thrones’ : Everything We Didn’t See in the Season 6 Finale
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 6 Power Rankings: Who Really Rules Westeros?