The Battle of Winterfell came and went. Friends were lost, foes were vanquished, and we all found out which of our friends have 4K TVs. Was the episode too dark? Did enough main characters die? Was the plot armor too strong? The debates over the long-awaited Game of Thrones episode are still raging, but fortunately, if you’re looking for a lighter take on this week’s episode, it also kept the internet well fed with meme material.
“The Long Night” gave folks plenty to work with, that’s for sure. Lyanna Mormont got an epic death worthy of a fearsome bear cub, the Dothraki went down insanely fast — on an open field, no less — Melissandre came in clutch, and Bran decided to seize the momentous opportunity to do fuck all. But I think we all know who won the Game of Memes this week; Arya Effin’ Stark, that’s who. A girl really came through when it counted most, icing the Night King and saving the North, continually raising the bar for us all.
Without further ado, here are the best Game of Thrones memes, jokes and viral videos this week. For more, be sure to check out the best reactions to the premiere, and keep up with our latest Thrones coverage in the links below.
- ‘Game of Thrones’: Carice van Houten on “The Long Night” and Melisandre’s Arya Pep Talk
- New ‘Game of Thrones’ Images Reveal the Hangover After “The Long Night”
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Cinematographer Offers Pro Tips on How to Watch the Super-Dark Show
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Breaks Its Own Ratings Record with “The Long Night”
- ‘Game of Thrones’: How Ignoring the Fantasy Lore Is Ruining the Show