Be aware, there are spoilers ahead for Game of Thrones episode 8.4.
Woof. Game of Thrones episodes don’t get much more divisive than ‘The Last of the Starks’, the fourth episode of the final season, which sent heads rolling, somehow gave Euron a dragon death, and gave Ghost an even worse send-off than fans were fearing. RIP Rheagal. RIP Missandei. RIP King’s Landing probably next week. And considering the divided nature of the fan reaction, it’s perhaps not surprising that the meme culture this week was a little tamped down.
So who won the Game of Memes this week? Eh, no one? And not in the Arya Stark way. There weren’t a lot of winners in this episode — except maybe Cersei, though her reign as the mad queen seems tenuous as ever — but if there’s one character who spawned the most content it’s definitely Sansa, who very strategically let Jon’s true identity spread like wildfire through the realms biggest influencers. Y’all mad, but she didn’t let that slip on accident.
Without further ado, here are the best Game of Thrones memes, jokes and viral videos this week. For more, be sure to check out the links below.
- ‘Game of Thrones’: That Tyrion/Varys Conversation Was the Show at Its Best—and Worst
- ‘Game of Thrones’: Season 8 Director David Nutter on Daenerys’ Isolation, Brienne & Jaime’s Parting
- ‘Game of Thrones’: HBO Issues Extremely Necessary Statement on Daenerys’ Coffee Cup
- ‘Game of Thrones’: Gendry’s Name, Parentage, and New Position, Explained
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Guide, Week 4: Every Question We Have After “The Last of the Starks”