Spoilers ahead for last night’s episode of Game of Thrones.
There’s a lot that went down in last night’s Game of Thrones episode, the extra long, extra intense, and extra heroic “The Long Night.” Some two dozen of our favorite characters stood side by side in a fight for survival, a literal battle between life and death. But while the battle itself took up the bulk of the episode, there was a lot going on in between the bloodshed and bodily reanimations.
To that end, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss took a little extra time to break down various parts of the story in this particular episode, all captured in a new video. Some of this featurette was teased at the end of last night’s action-packed installment, but this video is a longer version of that insider look. It recaps the story arcs of characters like Arya, Bran, and Theon while also explaining the writers’ reasoning behind some of the more head-scratching story moments. It’s worth a watch, especially if you need to revisit those pivotal moments (without all that extra existential dread) just one more time.
Watch the new, extended version of this week’s “Inside the Episode” for Game of Thrones‘ “The Long Night”:
For much more on Game of Thrones, be sure to get caught up on our recent write-ups provided at the links below, and stay tuned for our continuing coverage:
- ‘Game of Thrones’: Trailer for Next Week’s Episode Teases the Aftermath
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Director on the Battle of Winterfell: “This Is Survival Horror”
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Writer Bryan Cogman on “Nuclear” Revelations & the Importance of Jaime and Brienne’s Scene
- The Funniest ‘Game of Thrones’ Jokes & Memes of the Week
- How ‘Game of Thrones’ Has Become Too Nice in Its Final Season