Drafting off of the latest super-sad Avengers: Endgame trailer is a Game of Thrones teaser that wants you to remember this is a show that does not often (ever?) have happy endings. After two mildly upbeat teasers, the footage from HBO’s “Aftermath” trailer is a reminder that all men must die. You know, in case you forgot for even one second with this show.
And we can predict pretty readily I think that there will be many more deaths to come. In the new tease, Winterfell has fallen, lying in ruins in the snow. Throughout we see tokens of various lead characters, including Tyrion’s Hand of the Queen pin, Arya’s sword Needle, Bran’s broken wheelchair, Jaime’s golden hand, Daenerys’ chain, and Jon’s sword. Both a dragonglass arrow and a glimpse of the Night King are also seen, as well as the feature from Lyanna Stark’s crypt. Folks, something is important about that crypt ….
Now, if this any kind of actual footage and not just a straight trolling, then it’s probably part of a vision. More likely, though, it’s just an atmospheric way for us to remember not that Winter Is Coming, but that Winter Is Here. It has come to destroy Westeros — but who will be left to fight it, and by what means?
We’ll find out Sunday, April 14th when Game of Thrones starts its final season. In the meantime, check out the dour new teaser below:
For more Game of Thrones, check out these recent articles:
- Behind-the-Scenes ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Video Shows Dragons & White Walkers Coming to Life
- ‘Game of Thrones’: Collider Editors Pick Who Will End Up on the Iron Throne
- Two-Hour ‘Game of Thrones’ Documentary to Air on HBO After Finale
- Emilia Clarke Shares Harrowing Battle Against Two Brain Aneurysms After ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 1
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Writers Address Season 7 Logic Problems