The Patch 1.05 for #GhostofTsushima has been released, bringing new combat and text options. We decided to test the new mode out. PS: WE DIE A LOT.
Ghost of Tsushima delivered plenty of flexibility in terms of playstyle and difficulty settings for gamers around the globe with its initial launch, but now, Sucker Punch Productions is stepping things up to a whole new level. With a new patch today, the PS4 exclusive samurai story is getting two new difficulty modes: Lethal and Low Intensity.
“Lethal” looks to be a full-on difficulty mode while “Low Intensity” is an option in the accessibility menu. These changes comes in addition to some other bug fixes and Quality of Life updates. Check out the patch notes below, courtesy of Sucker Punch Productions:
Later today, patch 1.05 for Ghost of Tsushima will be released, bringing new combat and text options.
This patch includes the following new updates:
New difficulty level: Lethal
- Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
- Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- Enemies detect you faster
- Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:
Lower Intensity Combat
Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.
- Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
- Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
- Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal
- Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
- Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
- Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
- New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
Patch 1.05 also includes additional bug fixes.