Ghostbusters director Paul Feig is putting on a masterclass of social media management these days. Sure, we’ve seen a few images from the set of the reboot leak thanks to amateur photogs but Feig’s been out in front of most of them, providing detailed images and high-quality looks at his cast of characters that beat a grainy long-lens shot any day of the week. Oddly enough, we haven’t received an official synopsis or list of character names from Sony yet, but thankfully Feig has answered one of those questions.
Okay, here you go. Erin Gilbert, Jillian Holtzmann, Abby Yates and Patty Tolan. Now you know even more. https://t.co/MsQVo5iStI
— Paul Feig (@paulfeig) July 18, 2015
After doing a bit of super basic “research” (it’s cool, I took Logic 101 in college), I’ve deduced the following character names for each cast member:
- Kristen Wiig will play Erin Gilbert
- Melissa McCarthy plays Abby Yates
- Kate McKinnon stars as Jillian Holtzmann
- Leslie Jones will play Patty Tolan
You can see for yourself how these names match up thanks to Feig’s tweet and Sony’s official image below. Wiig and McCarthy’s names can be partially seen on their badges, while Jones’ necklace reads ‘Patty’, so unless McKinnon’s character gave her the necklace as a gift, we can assume she’s the final member of the team. (No word on Chris Hemsworth’s name yet.) Also, IMDb has corrected their cast/character names so I feel pretty good about this list. Not so good about presenting it as “news”, however.
For actual news, be sure to check out some of our recent Ghostbusters coverage below:
- GHOSTBUSTERS: First Look at Full Cast in Costume Revealed [Updated with Official Image]
- Check Out High-Res Images of the New GHOSTBUSTERS Proton Pack from Comic-Con
- Collider Movie Talk – STAR WARS’ Han Solo Movie, Darth Vader in ROGUE ONE, Comic-Con
- New GHOSTBUSTERS Ecto-1 Revealed