The Marvel machine is never at rest. Just as the studio is gearing up to start filming Thor: Ragnarok and Spider-Man: Homecoming, production is winding down on James Gunn‘s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. New cast addition Kurt Russell wrapped on the film earlier this month for his yet-to-be-revealed role (though at this point, if he’s somehow not Peter Quill’s father, everyone’s just going to be bummed out), and today brings a wrap for Star Lord himself, Mr. Chris Pratt.
The highly anticipated sequel to one of Marvel’s most original films (and Steven Spielberg’s favorite superhero movie) kicked off back in February, and now the cast and crew are about to come back down to earth. At least until they hit Comic-Con next month, as Gunn confirms in today’s wrap video, saying that he’ll be there alongside Pratt and “a bunch of the gang” to show us “something pretty cool”.
As for the rest of the gang, Zoe Saldana (Gamora), Dave Bautista (Drax), Vin Diesel (Groot), Bradley Cooper (Rocket), Karen Gillan (Nebula), Sean Gunn (Kraglin/On-Set Rocket) and Michael Rooker (Yondu) all return for the sequel, which also features Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Tommy Flanagan (Sons of Anarchy) as one of Yondu’s ravagers, and Elizabeth Debicki in the rumored role of the villainous Ayesha. It’s a good bet that we’ll get our first look at footage at SDCC, and maybe some solid answers to Russell’s and Debicki’s roles in the process. For now, watch Gunn and Pratt’s wrap speech in the video below.
- Learn How ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Will Integrate ‘Planet Hulk’; ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ Villain Revealed
- Steven Spielberg Names ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ His Favorite Superhero Movie
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’: Kurt Russell Wraps on His Space-Based Adventure
- Chris Pratt Deputizes Young ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ as Part of His Charity Campaign
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure?