James Gunn is rounding out his cast for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and it’s coming together beautifully. Production on the sequel kicked off a little more than a week ago with an official cast announcement that confirmed returning stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel, as well as new players Pom Klementieff (Oldboy), Elizabeth Debicki (The Great Gatsby),Chris Sullivan (The Knick). Now, Sons of Anarchy star Tommy Flanagan has also joined the cast.
Heroic Hollywood broke the news and Variety confirms that Flanagan will come into conflict with our oddball band of heroes as one of Yondu’s ravagers who has a bounty on Rocket Racoon. Which is downright perfect casting, Flanagan was always one of the standouts on Sons of Anarchy and has a knack for making morally questionable men likeable as hell.
In addition to the titular heroes, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn and Glenn Close are also set to reprise their roles for the intergalactic superhero sequel. Now if they would just confirm Kurt Rusell’s role…because it’s got to be Papa Starlord, right?
Here’s the official Guardians of the Galaxy 2 synopsis:
Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” continues the team’s adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage.
Keep up to date with all the upcoming superhero movies with our handy release date database, click here to catch up on all our Guardians of the Galaxy coverage, and check out or most recent stories below.
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′: James Gunn Shares Behind-the-Scenes Photos
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2′: James Gunn Says He’s Cast the Villains and Star Lord’s Father
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’: James Gunn Confirms Post-Credits Scene Is Already Written
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’ Villain Possibly Revealed
- James Gunn on David Bowie and Featuring His Music in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’