The best part of Suicide Squad is back! Oscar-nominee Margot Robbie returns as Harley Quinn in the DC Comics/Warner Bros. movie, Birds of Prey. Robbie unveiled her new look as the fantabulously emancipated version of her character in the new film thanks to an on-set photo from its production. While this take on Harley Quinn is as fun and colorful as her previous form in Suicide Squad, it looks like she’s traded in her Joker infatuation for someone else equally damaged: Note her dogbone tag on her necklace. What’s that about?
Birds of Prey, directed by Cathy Yan (Dead Pigs) from a script by Christina Hodson (Bumblebee), also stars Chris Messina as Victor Zsasz, Ewan McGregor as Black Mask, Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary, Ella Jay Basco as Cassandra Cain, and Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya. Now filming, Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) opens February 7, 2020.
Check out the first look for Robbie as the returned Harley Quinn, courtesy of Robbie’s own Instagram page:
Looks like a good start for Birds of Prey, if only to get Robbie back in action as the unpredictable, fan-favorite antihero. For more on Robbie, Harley Quinn, and Birds of Prey, be sure to get caught up with our previous write-ups linked below:
- ‘Bumblebee’ Writer Christina Hodson on the Film’s Amblin Tone, ‘Birds of Prey’, and More
- ‘Birds of Prey’ Casts Chris Messina as the Villainous Victor Zsasz
- ‘Birds of Prey’ Writer Christina Hodson Explains the Long Title, Teases Her ‘Batgirl’ Movie
- Watch: Margot Robbie Explains That Insanely Long ‘Birds of Prey’ Title
- The Full ‘Birds of Prey’ Title is a Super-Long Play on ‘Birdman’