Let me start with the most important thing first: Mission: Impossible – Fallout is a monster home-run of a movie. Writer-director Christopher McQuarrie (the first director to return to the Mission franchise) and Tom Cruise have crafted an action extravaganza that’s loaded with tons of “I can’t believe they just did that!” moments. As most of you know, Cruise is famous for doing his own stunts, and what he does in Fallout will leave your jaw on the ground. But beyond flying a helicopter in crazy ways, riding a motorcycle at high speeds through oncoming traffic in Paris, and jumping out of a plane at thirty-five thousand feet, there is a fight scene in a bathroom with Henry Cavill and Liang Yang that is worth the price of admission alone. Trust me, if you like action movies, thrillers, or just awesome movies, you want to see Mission: Impossible – Fallout on the biggest screen you can when it opens in theaters July 27th.
Recently, I got to speak with Henry Cavill at the press junket in Paris, France. During the wide-ranging conversation he talked about what he’ll never forget about making Mission Impossible: Fallout, his first meeting with Tom Cruise (which was for The Man From U.N.C.L.E.), and played “Ice Breakers” – a fun game that includes questions like which TV show you would want to play a guest spot on, favorite sci-fi/fantasy movie, which film scared you as a kid, what you collect, if you own any movie/TV show props, what’s your phone background photo, and more.
Finally, over the next week I’ll be posting plenty of other interviews for Mission: Impossible – Fallout with Christopher McQuarrie, Tom Cruise, Rebecca Ferguson, Angela Bassett, and Michelle Monaghan so keep checking the site. Mission: Impossible – Fallout also stars Ving Rhames, Vanessa Kirby, Sean Harris, Alec Baldwin, Wes Bentley, and Frederick Schmidt.
Here’s the full list of questions followed by the official synopsis and recent links.
- Can he share a Tom Cruise story about him being nice or going out of his way being thoughtful?
- What will he never forget about making Mission Impossible: Fallout?
- What TV show would he like to guest star on?
- Does he have a favorite sci-fi or fantasy film?
- What film scared him as a kid?
- What do you collect?
- What movie or TV show props does he own?
- What TV show have you watched all the way through more than once?
- What’s his background photo on his phone?
- What would people be surprised to learn about you?
For more on Mission: Impossible – Fallout, be sure to get caught up with our recent write-ups provided at the links below:
- Simon Pegg Talks ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’ and Plays “Ice Breakers”
- Vanessa Kirby Talks ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’, ‘Hobbs and Shaw’, and Plays “Ice Breakers”
- New ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’ Featurette Goes Behind the Scenes of the Must-See Sequel
- ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’ Character Posters Light the Fuse
Where does Mission: Impossible – Fallout fall on your Summer cinema hype-meter? Let us know in the comments below!