San Diego Comic-Con is a time when studios start touting or teasing a number of upcoming films, some of which haven’t even been officially announced yet. However, director Zack Snyder has presumably decided to toy with this culture of intrigue and pop-culture excitement, as he recently shared an image on Twitter of Henry Cavill dressed up in full Jedi regalia with the hashtag “SuperJedi”. Before you start getting any ideas, no Warner Bros. does not own the rights to Star Wars, Disney does, so no, a Star Wars/Superman crossover will not be happening. A full Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice panel has not been officially announced for Warner Bros.’ Hall H block on Saturday, but I’d be surprised if we didn’t see at least something from the film. Whether it has anything to do with this so-called “SuperJedi” I have no idea, but the internet is sure to be aflutter with Superman/Star Wars speculation throughout the next couple of days. Well played, Mr. Snyder.
Hit the jump to check out the Henry Cavill SuperJedi image, and check Collider frequently over the next four days for our wall-to-wall Comic-Con coverage.
Catch up on our recent Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice coverage below:
- Rumor: Doomsday One of the Five Villains in BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Rumored to Have Four Villains in Addition to Lex Luthor
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Image Reveals Official First Look at Henry Cavill’s Return as the Man of Steel; Zack Snyder Explains Why the Title Has ‘V’ and not ‘Vs’
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Image: First Look at Henry Cavill as Clark Kent on the Set of the MAN OF STEEL Sequel
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Rumors: Wonder Woman’s Costume, Lex Luthor’s Motives, Batman’s Lake Cottage, and More
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE – Jason Momoa to Play Aquaman, with Major Role in JUSTICE LEAGUE