It is almost time for the launch of NBCUniversal’s streaming platform Peacock. So, now seems like a good time to discuss exactly how you can watch movies, TV shows, sports, and other goodies on Peacock.
How Much Is a Peacock Subscription?
Peacock is split into two subscriber tiers: the Free tier and the Premium tier. The ad-supported Free Peacock tier will run you $4.99/month, while the ad-free Premium Peacock tier costs $9.99/month. It’s also worth noting that, should you opt for the Free tier, NBCUniversal promises no more than five minutes of ads per hour as you stream.
How Can I Stream Peacock?
With the exception of Roku users, there are a wealth of options when it comes to choosing how to stream Peacock. Here’s a complete list of devices and platforms where you can access Peacock and begin watching:
- Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Google platforms and devices including Android, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices
- Microsoft’s Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs and LG Smart TVs
- Comcast’s eligible Xfinity X1 and Flex customers, as well as eligible Cox Contour customers, can enjoy Peacock Premium included with their service at no additional cost.
What Can I Watch on Peacock?
Good question! There are a ton of great titles available on Peacock beginning July 15. We have a lengthier list of movies and TV shows available to stream and divided by Peacock subscription tier for you to peruse. But, if you’re super curious, here are some highlights:
- The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum
- Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III
- American Psycho
- The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions
- The Blair Witch Project
- The Mummy
- Do the Right Thing
- This Is Us
- 30 Rock
- Parks and Recreation
- Saturday Night Live
- Saved by the Bell
- Downton Abbey
- Battlestar Galactica
When Can I Start Streaming Peacock?
You can start streaming Peacock on Wednesday, July 15 on the platform of your choice. The one important caveat to this release date applies to folks intending to stream via their PS4 or PS4 Pro. If you are using either of these devices, you have to wait until the week of Monday, July 20 to begin streaming Peacock.
Peacock launches on Wednesday, July 15. You can sign up for either the free or premium Peacock tier here.