I quite enjoy watching disaster movies, but I also have this bizarre obsession with fantasizing about how I might fare should an asteroid hit the Earth, should there be a zombie outbreak or, perhaps, should aliens invade the planet. This might have something to do with the fact that I watched Independence Day on repeat growing up and still have a habit of watching it regularly today, so while visiting the set of the sequel, Independence Day: Resurgence, I opted to ask the cast what advice they’d give to someone trying to survive an alien invasion.
Check out what Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Vivica A. Fox, Brent Spiner, Sela Ward, Liam Hemsworth, Maika Monroe, Jessie Usher and the king of all things end-of-the-world, director Roland Emmerich, told me in the video interview below. Independence Day: Resurgence makes its way into theaters on June 24th.
If you’d like to check out more from my Independence Day: Resurgence set visit, browse the links below:
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’: 17 Things to Know about the Second Invasion
- Roland Emmerich on How He Went from ‘ID Forever’ to ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’
- Jeff Goldblum Teases Connie’s Absence in ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’
- Brent Spiner on the Deleted Dialogue that Unsealed Dr. Okun’s Fate in ‘Independence Day’
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’: Jessie Usher Channels ‘Mean Girls’ in Sequel
Here’s the official synopsis for Independence Day: Resurgence.
We always knew they were coming back. After INDEPENDENCE DAY redefined the event movie genre, the next epic chapter delivers global spectacle on an unimaginable scale. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens’ advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.