Today marks an Independence Day not many thought would actually happen, as Britain’s vote to exit the European Union has created a worldwide fever of anxiety. Fix that, Jeff Goldblum! But in the meantime we can cast our cares away in
Liam Hemsworth’s piercing eyes with Independence Day: Resurgence, which premieres in time to get Americans ready to celebrate our independence from Britain. Full circle, really.
In her review, our very own Perri Nemiroff said:
“Aliens arrive, the odds are against us, and we must come together and fight for our freedom – not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. For the most part, Independence Day: Resurgence is just that, but Roland Emmerich is completely consumed by the all too familiar sequel pitfalls of going bigger, adding more guns, more explosions, more chase sequences, more mythology, etc. and the overabundance of overcomplicated and completely hollow nonsense sucks the fun out of the film.”
Sound off in the comments below on what you thought of the movie, which also stars Bill Pullman, and Vivica A. Fox. But first, peruse some of our recent ID4-2 (as some will say) content, and take a step back in time to the very first trailer for this highly anticipated sequel, which debuted way back yonder in 2015.
- ‘Independence Day 2’: Roland Emmerich Reveals Early Concept for Sequel
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’: Two Jeff Goldblums Are Better Than One
- Watch: ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Wants YOU to Join the Earth Space Defense
- 10 Things We Learned about the Making of ‘Independence Day’ from the Celebration Event
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Viral Video Recaps 20 Years Since “The War of 1996”