Now playing in theaters is director Ivan Reitman‘s sports drama Draft Day. The film takes place within the span of one day, the day of the NFL draft. Kevin Costner plays a general manager who has the opportunity to save football in Cleveland when he trades for the number one pick. As the day’s events unfold, he finds the lines between his personal and professional life becoming blurred. Draft Day also stars Jennifer Garner, Denis Leary, Josh Pence, Chadwick Boseman, Sean Combs, Sam Elliott, Terry Crews, Arian Foster, Ellen Burstyn, and Frank Langella.
Recently, I landed an exclusive video interview with Reitman. He talked about getting to make a sports movie with Kevin Costner, getting the NFL involved in the movie and filming during the actual draft in New York City, collaborating with Costner behind the scenes, the progress of Triplets, his decision to step away from Ghostbusters 3, possible future projects, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Ivan Reitman Time Index:
- 0:10 – Reitman comments on finally getting to make a sports movie with Kevin Costner.
- 1:45 – He talks about collaborating with Costner behind the scenes.
- 3:25 – Comments on getting the NFL involved with the picture.
- 4:20 – He talks about filming during the actual NFL draft in New York City.
- 6:05 – He shares his thoughts on the progress of Triplets.
- 6:10 – He comments further on Ghostbusters 3 and his decision to step away from the director’s chair.
- 6:55 – Talks about his possible future projects.