When Agent Carter was filming its second season here in Los Angeles, I got to visit the set with a few other reporters. Like all Marvel productions, everyone on set was tight-lipped about what happens during the second season but that didn’t stop us from trying to learn some of the twists and turns. During our group interview with James D’Arcy (who plays Edwin Jarvis), he talked about why Jarvis isn’t happy about the move to L.A., the dynamic between Jarvis and Howard Stark, what it’s like to film two episodes at a time, if he had a favorite of the Dubsmashes, the concept of each season taking place in a different location, and a lot more.
“Marvel’s Agent Carter” returns for a second season of adventure and intrigue, starring Hayley Atwell in the titular role of the unstoppable agent for the SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve). Dedicated to the fight against new Atomic Age threats in the wake of World War II, Peggy must now journey from New York City to Los Angeles for her most dangerous assignment yet. But even as she discovers new friends, a new home – and perhaps even a new love – she’s about to find out that the bright lights of the post-war Hollywood mask a more sinister threat to everyone she is sworn to protect.
Agent Cater stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, Bridget Regan as Dottie Underwood, Chad Michael Murray as Jack Thompson, Reggie Austin as Dr. Jason Wilkes, Enver Gjokaj as Chief Daniel Sousa, Wynn Everett as Whitney Frost, Currie Graham as Calvin Chadwick, James D’Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Lesley Boone as Rose Roberts, and Lotte Verbeck as Anna Jarvis.
- Why doesn’t Jarvis like L.A.?
- On “the trade secret” behind the flamingo.
- What is it like to now show the dynamic between Jarvis and Ana?
- How does Jarvis’ relationship with Peggy deepen or evolve?
- Is D’Arcy trying to sound like Paul Bettany’s Jarvis at all?
- Would D’Arcy’s Jarvis find Bettany’s Jarvis touching or frightening?
- On the concept of each season taking place in a different location.
- Do we see more of a dynamic between Jarvis and Howard Stark?
- How much changed along the way from when D’Arcy was told about the season?
- On filming two episodes at a time.
- What’s it like forming a special relationship with Hayley Atwell?
- Did D’Arcy have a favorite of the Dubsmashes or one he wanted to do?