At today’s D23 (essentially Disney’s Comic-Con), I got to talk with Jason Segel backstage before his presentation for The Muppets. As most of you know, all of us at Collider are beyond excited to see Kermit, Miss Piggy and the rest of the Muppets return to theaters later this year.
During the interview, Segel talked about the footage they were going to show, the recent Muppets test screening, what it was like to meet Kermit for the first time, getting to recreate the Muppet Theater, and he also talked about How I Met Your Mother and what director Nicholas Stoller’s (Get Him to the Greek, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) Five-Year Engagement is about (which hits theaters April 27, 2012). Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, I’m going to be posting a lot more video interviews from D23, so make sure to keep checking back.
- What was D23 been like for him so far
- :15 – The recent Muppets test screening
- :45 – Talks about what they are showing today at D23 and how involved was he in selecting the clips (search for Kermit and a musical number)
- 1:15 – We talk about how incredible the Muppet theater set was and he talks about meeting Kermit for the first time
- 1:50 – Did he have a lot of friends that wanted to visit the Muppet Theater
- 2:05 – How happy is he to not be doing 2 movies and a TV show at the same time
- 2:40 – Talks about The Five-Year Engagement and what it’s about. How it’s about how tricky relationships are over the course of a long time