With director Zack Snyder’s Sucker Punch opening this weekend, I got to sit down with most of the cast to talk about the film. As the synopsis says, Sucker Punch is an “epic action fantasy that takes us into the vivid imagination of a young girl whose dream world provides the ultimate escape from her darker reality. Unrestrained by the boundaries of time and place, she is free to go where her mind takes her, and her incredible adventures blur the lines between what’s real and what is imaginary.” The film stars Emily Browning, Abbie Cornish, Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Chung, Jena Malone, Carla Gugino, Jon Hamm, Scott Glenn, and Oscar Isaac.
During my interview with Malone, Hudgens and Chung, we talked about how everyone bonded off set when they were filming in Vancouver, the training and lack of sweets and soda on set, deleted scenes, future projects like The Hangover 2, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island and Jack and Diane, and we also talked about doing karaoke (they told a great story). Hit the jump to watch and look for a new video interview for Sucker Punch everyday this week.
Jena Malone/Vanessa Hudgens/Jamie Chung
- Karaoke talk (what songs did they sing). They reveal the five girls sang TLC’s Waterfalls on Malone’s birthday
- How did hanging out together off set in Vancouver help the performances of the movie
- They talk about how there was no soda on set and what they did to get some
- They talk about the training and do they miss it
- Deleted scenes talk
- They each talked about future projects like The Hangover 2, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, and Jack and Diane