Now playing around the world and opening in North America this weekend is director Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Apocalypse. To help promote the film, Fox recently held a big press junket in London, and while there I got to interview Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy. During the wide-ranging interview they talked about what they collect, their favorite scenes to film, if they pranked the new cast, a deleted scene involving a NSFW improv, who ruined the most takes, if Professor X is in the New Mutants movie, and more.
Here’s the official synopsis for X-Men: Apocalypse followed by what Lawrence and McAvoy talked about, as well as some links to our recent X-Men coverage:
Since the dawn of civilization, he was worshipped as a god. Apocalypse, the first and most powerful mutant from Marvel’s X-Men universe, amassed the powers of many other mutants, becoming immortal and invincible. Upon awakening after thousands of years, he is disillusioned with the world as he finds it and recruits a team of powerful mutants, including a disheartened Magneto (Michael Fassbender), to cleanse mankind and create a new world order, over which he will reign. As the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance, Raven (Jennifer Lawrence) with the help of Professor X (James McAvoy) must lead a team of young X-Men to stop their greatest nemesis and save mankind from complete destruction.
Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy:
- What do they collect?
- What’s their favorite scene they’ve done together?
- Did they prank the new cast?
- Deleted scenes talk.
- Who ruins the most takes?
- Is Professor X in the New Mutants movie?
X-Men Related Links:
- Simon Kinberg on ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’, the Deleted Mall Sequence, and ‘New Mutants’
- Sophie Turner May Rise as the Dark Phoenix in the Next ‘X-Men’ Movie
- Every ‘X-Men’ Movie Ranked from Worst to Best
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Post-Credits Scene Teased by Simon Kinberg