As you hopefully noticed over the past month, we recently launched a new live interview series called Collider Connected, in which we conduct an interview live on our YouTube channel. We’ve had Oscar-winning composer Michael Giacchino (watch that here), two-time Oscar-winning cinematographer Roger Deakins (watch that here), Will Forte (watch that here), and Kaitlyn Dever (watch that here).
For our latest episode, I got to have a wide-ranging conversation with someone whose work I’ve admired since I was a little kid: Joe Pantoliano (amazing resume here).
During the extended interview, Pantoliano shared some fantastic behind-the-scenes stories about the making the Bad Boys movies, Risky Business with Tom Cruise, how he got cast in Empire of the Sun with Steven Spielberg, the making of Richard Donner’s The Goonies, what it like reading The Matrix script for the first time and working with the Wachowskis on Bound, working with James Gandolfini and David Chase on The Sopranos, if he had any idea Christopher Nolan’s Memento would be so special, and so much more.
You can watch what he had to say in the player above and below is a list of everything we talked about.
Finally, Bad Boys for Life, the latest entry in the Bad Boys franchise, is now available on digital and Blu-ray.
- How have the last few weeks been for him and his family?
- When he gets recognized what do people always want to talk about?
- When did he know they were going to make a 3rd Bad Boys movie?
- How much of his dialogue in the Bad Boys movies is scripted?
- How the technology on movie sets is so different now.
- Talks about the making of Risky Business with Tom Cruise.
- How even though Eddie and the Cruisers bombed at the box office it became a cult classic from playing on cable in the 80s.
- How did he get involved in The Goonies?
- Shares some great stories about the making of The Goonies.
- Talks about how he got cast in Empire of the Sun with Steven Spielberg.
- Did he know how special the Wachowskis were going to be as directors while making Bound?
- What was it like reading The Matrix script for the first time?
- When did he see The Matrix for the first time and what was his reaction to the finished effects?
- What was it like making The Sopranos with David Chase?
- What was it like working with James Gandolfini?
- Did he have any idea Christopher Nolan’s Memento would be so special?
- What was it like making Midnight Run?