At this year’s Comic-Con, I had the chance to sit down with Joel Kinnaman (The Killing, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and Max Minghella (The Social Network) for an exclusive interview about Summit’s upcoming sci-fi thriller, The Darkest Hour. While I could’ve posted the interview a lot sooner, I decided to wait until the studio released the cool looking trailer. Hopefully you’ve all had a chance to check it out. What’s important to know is the entire movie was filmed on location in Moscow, was filmed in 3D, and produced by Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov.
During the interview, Kinnaman and Minghella talked about being at Comic-Con and filming in Moscow during the heat wave and fire outbreaks. In addition, since both of them have worked for David Fincher, we talked about working for him and Kinnaman explains why his character was added to Fincher’s first Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie and how he’ll be in the two sequels. Hit the jump to watch. The Darkest Hour opens December 23rd.
Finally, if you missed my Comic-Con interview with Emile Hirsch on The Darkest Hour, you can check it out here.
Joel Kinnaman and Max Minghella Time Index
- :05 Talk about this being their first time at Comic-Con
- :55 Is there anything they geek out over at the convention?
- 2:03 They talk about filming in Moscow during the heat wave and fire outbreaks.
- 4:38 Is this a part they went after or did the producers come after them?
- 6:23 When looking back on the filming experience, what’s the one thing that sticks out?
- 8:12 Upcoming projects. Kinnaman worked on Safe House with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds, and appeared in David Fincher’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. He says his character will appear in the two Dragon Tattoo sequels. Minghella did Ten Year with Channing Tatum that was improvised, and also appears in George Clooney’s The Ides of March.
- 10:43 They talk about working with David Fincher.