It was 1999 when Keanu Reeves, who was about to become a lasting cultural icon as Neo in The Matrix, declared that he needed “Guns. Lots of guns.” More than 15 years later, Reeves has crafted a new character to whom a many and varied arsenal is even more important: John Wick. Reeves’ expertly trained killer took his violent and bloody vengeance out on unsuspecting thugs in the surprise 2014 hit, and now he’s back and badder than ever for John Wick: Chapter Two.
In a new behind-the-scenes video that reveals Reeves’ training regimen for the sequel, you can watch him absolutely shred through a course littered with targeting dummies. It’s intense. And he’s not even facing real people on a professional set with lots of visual and sound effects or the polished look of post production. This is just Reeves ripping through the course like Neo, reloading on the fly, and switching out guns with well-honed precision, all while keeping the calm, cool exterior he’s become known for. It’s definitely worth a watch.
Watch the epic action below:
Look for Reeves in director Chad Stahelski’s action-packed sequel along with Laurence Fishburne, Ruby Rose, Peter Stormare, and Common, and returning cast members Bridget Moynahan and Ian McShane when John Wick: Chapter Two debuts on February 10, 2017.
For more on John Wick 2, be sure to check out some of our recent coverage at the following links:
- ‘John Wick 2’: Keanu Reeves Says the Sequel is a “Third Degree Black Belt”
- ‘John Wick 2′ Gets New Title, Setting; 2017 Release Date Confirmed
- Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne Reunite on the Set of ‘John Wick 2′
- ‘John Wick 2’ Set Video and Images Put Keanu Reeves Back in Action
- ‘John Wick 2′ Adds ‘Orange is the New Black’ Breakout, More to Cast
- ‘John Wick 2’ Casts Common as the Guy Dumb Enough to Pick a Fight with John Wick