John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum is, not to put too fine a point on it, an absolutely insane film. Somehow upping the absurdity of the first two films, director Chad Stahelski‘s latest entry takes his titular super-assassin—declared excommunicado by the High Table and on the run from every killer in New York—to even more bone-crunching, knife-tossing, head-shotting heights. And at the center is Keanu Reeves, time-traveling bro turned action icon, as magnetic as ever as John Wick. At 54-years-old, Reeves is still getting tossed through glass and hanging off the side of horses with the best of them. (I cannot stress enough the fact that John Wick kills dudes while hanging off a horse in this movie.)
Before the film’s premiere, I sat down with Reeves to discuss becoming John Wick, motorcycle chases, and all the creatives ways you can kill a person. Check out what he had to say in the player above, and below is exactly what we talked about.
- How Reeves comes down from playing the world’s greatest hitman after wrapping a John Wick movie.
- The scene in which John Wick kills another man with a book.
- Working with 7’3″ NBA center Boban Marjanović, who John Wick kills with a book.
- How the entire behind-the-scenes team is always searching for creative ways for John to take down opponents.
- The film’s jaw-dropping motorcycle chase on New York’s Verrazano Bridge.
Here is the official synopsis for John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum:
In this third installment of the adrenaline-fueled action franchise, super-assassin John Wick (Keanu Reeves) returns with a $14 million price tag on his head and an army of bounty-hunting killers on his trail. After killing a member of the shadowy international assassin’s guild, the High Table, John Wick is excommunicado, but the world’s most ruthless hit men and women await his every turn.