Opening this weekend is director Greg Berlanti’s Life As We Know It and it stars Katherine Heigl, Josh Duhamel, Josh Lucas, Christina Hendricks and Hayes MacArthur. The romantic dramedy is about two people (Heigl and Duhamel) that only have one thing in common: their dislike for each other and their love for their goddaughter, Sophie. But when they suddenly become all Sophie has in the world, they’re forced to put their differences aside and live under one roof.
At the recent NYC press day for the film, I was able to interview Josh Duhamel. While only scheduled for a print interview, Duhamel was kind enough to let me use my flip camera, so after the jump you can watch video of our conversation. During the interview we talked about how the year has been going for him as he’s had a number of projects, what it’s like being the leading man in a big Hollywood release, what is he thinking about for future projects, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch:
Finally, you can watch some clips from Life As We Know It by clicking here.
- What is doing press like for him?
- 1:15 – Does he feel like this has been a very good year for him between this film and The Romantics
- 2:20 – Talks about how proud he is of Life As We Know It as he’s the lead in a big Hollywood movie
- 3:00 – When he was on set, did he prepare or act differently due to being the lead
- 4:30 – We talk about how grounded in reality the film was. I ask if that was all on the page when he signed on.
- 6:00 – We talk about an emotional scene that has him wearing cat makeup during it
- 7:15 – What is he thinking about for future projects? What scripts is he reading? Talks about wanting to do something completely different.
- 7:55 – Is he thinking about doing indie films?