Kenny’s (JR Lemon) been good at his job from the start, but he certainly had his fun during season 1 of The Night Shift. He’s still down for jokes and pranks in season 2, but this time around, Kenny will also start tackling some serious questions. Is he happy? Does he feel like he’s being rewarded for all of the hard work he’s putting into being an all-star nurse at San Antonio Memorial?
While in Albuquerque, New Mexico visiting the set of The Night Shift, I spoke to Lemon about the self-reflecting we’ll see Kenny do this season, his budding relationship with Krista (Jeananne Goossen), working with a slew of quality directors including Eriq La Salle and Jay Chandrasekhar, the most important lesson he learned from them and more. You can catch it all in the video interview below. The Night Shift airs Monday at 10pm on NBC.
- 00:00 – What happened to the giraffe from season 1? (See here.)
- 00:20 – On revealing more dimensions of Kenny this season.
- 01:34 – What happened to Kenny in between seasons? How did he win Krista over?
- 02:45 – How will Dr. Chavez (Adam Rodriguez) affect their relationship?
- 03:09 – Is Kenny happy being a nurse; we’ll get to see some self-evaluation and self-reflection this season.
- 04:04 – The Night Shift flag football. It should happen.
- 04:21 – On the blood and gore; the one thing that creeped Lemon out this season.
- 05:00 – Reuniting with Eriq La Salle and David Boyd.
- 05:43 – Working with Broken Lizard’s Jay Chandrasekhar; will his episode have more comedy in it?
- 06:16 – Working with Tim Busfield.
- 06:33 – The important lesson he learned from these directors.