The fine folks behind the scenes of Sony’s new Jumanji film have been having a good ol’ time in the lush landscape of Hawai’i, and have been kind enough to share the fun with those of us on the outside. Jack Black has been happy to kick back on set while Kevin Hart passes the time doing his best impressions of co-star Dwayne Johnson. The Rock, meanwhile, was the reigning Instagram king, having posted nearly daily updates to his social media feed. But the crown has a new contender.
Karen Gillan has upped her own Instagram ante in the past few days with a number of behind-the-scenes posts. Her character drew some criticism early on when her “jungle-inappropriate” costume was revealed, but new plot details (and assurance from the stars themselves) explain this apparent wardrobe malfunction. It seems that, rather than simply playing a boardgame like in the 1995 original movie, the new film will see players competing in a video game in which they play as avatars Moose Finbar (Hart), Dr. Smolder Bravestone (Johnson), Professor Shelly Oberon (Black), and Ruby Roundhouse (Gillan).
Also starring Alex Wolff, Ser’Darius Blain, Madison Iseman, and Morgan Turner as the young players, plus Nick Jonas and Rhys Darby, Jumanji opens July 28, 2017. Are you excited to see Jumanji on the big screen? Let us know in the comments section below!
For more on Jumanji, take a look at our recent write-ups:
- ‘Jumanji’: Dwayne Johnson Reveals First Look at Nick Jonas in Costume
- ‘Jumanji’: New Plot Details Reveal Video Game Focus As Sequel Adds Cast Members
- ‘Jumanji’ Set Videos Reveal More Behind-the-Scenes Shenanigans from The Rock and Co.
- Watch: ‘Jumanji’ Set Videos Find The Rock, Kevin Hart, and Jack Black Kicking Back
- ‘Jumanji’: First Look at Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, and Karen Gillan in Character