Our first high-resolution image of the new dinosaur from Jurassic World has been unveiled, and if you’ve still got Mad Men on the brain, it’ll ring a bell. Apparently an ad campaign for Mercedes Benz has been taking place on Twitter, and it all led up to the unveiling of a hi-res picture of Indominous Rex…staring at a Mercedes Benz. Product placement is nothing new and Jurassic Park is a highly lucrative franchise, so I guess this shouldn’t come as too big a surprise.
The dinosaur looks alright. I’m hoping that the jaw-dropping shots of the dino are being saved for the full film, because the shots of Indominous we’ve seen thus far have paled in comparison to the rendering of the T-Rex from Jurassic Park.
Regardless, check out the photo for yourself below, via JurassicWorld.org. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the film stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Nick Robinson, Ty Simpkins, Vincent D’Onofrio, Irrfan Khan, Jake Johnson, Omar Sy, and Judy Greer. Jurassic World opens in 2D and 3D on June 12th.
Click here to catch up on all of our Jurassic World coverage, or peruse the recent links below.
- JURASSIC WORLD InGen Video Celebrates Tomorrow Today; Forgets Yesterday
- New JURASSIC WORLD TV Spot Visits a Dinosaur Petting Zoo
- JURASSIC WORLD: New Extended Spot Is the Best One Yet
- JURASSIC WORLD Featurette Plays on Your JURASSIC PARK Nostalgia
- Universal CinemaCon Video Blog Recap: JURASSIC WORLD, CRIMSON PEAK, EVEREST, and More
- Chris Pratt Is on the Run in New JURASSIC WORLD Clip