Happy Batman Day, folks! It seems like everyone is getting in on celebrating The Bat. Earlier we got a new The Lego Batman Movie poster reminding you to always be yourself unless you can be Batman. And now Zack Snyder has joined the party with a first look image at J.K. Simmons as the DCEU’s new Commissioner Jim Gordon in Justice League.
We’ve seen a surprising amount of Justice League considering production is only now winding down on Snyder’s Batman v Superman follow-up, including a full-on trailer at Comic-Con, but Simmons’ Jim Gordon has remained in the shadows until now, (Well, except for the fact that he’s crazy jacked all of the sudden), and perhaps that’s not too much of a surprise considering he’s taking on a relatively small role in the ensemble film.
Earlier this month Simmons tempered fan expectations for the “Badass” new Gordon, saying,
“In this first installment of the Justice League, Commissioner Gordon is not a particularly sizable part. We just kind of introduce him and see a little bit of his interactions with Batman — and with most of the Justice League.”
For now, get your first look at Gordon in action — fully equipped with bat signal, thankyouverymuch — in the image below (Snyder also revealed a new image of himself by the bat signal because hey, why not.)
In case you missed it, check out everything we learned on the set of Justice League in the links below.
- Zack Snyder on ‘Justice League’, the Lighter Tone, the ‘Batman v Superman’ Reaction, and More
- Ben Affleck on ‘Justice League’, the Film’s “More Sardonic” Batman, and His Standalone DC Movie
- ‘Justice League’: Ben Affleck on Batman’s Dynamic with Flash and Aquaman
- ‘Justice League’: Zack Snyder on His Working Relationship with Warner Bros. and Geoff Johns
- ‘Justice League’: Over 60 Things to Know About the ‘Batman v Superman’ Follow-Up
- ‘Justice League’ Villains and Mother Boxes Teased by Zack Snyder
- ‘Justice League’: Willem Dafoe Plays a Major ‘Aquaman’ Hero