A couple weeks ago, Focus Features gave us the opportunity to attend the press junket for Lorene Scafaria‘s offbeat romantic comedy Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. The film focuses on two neighbors (played by Steve Carell and Keira Knightley) who bond during a road trip as they both try to reconnect with lost loves and family before a meteor destroys the Earth. For more on the film, click here for seven clips.
During my on-camera interview with Knightely, we talked about what attracted her to the project, what she took away from the script, how her character’s musical tastes overlap with her own, and what songs would be on her apocalypse soundtrack. She also provided a brief update on what we might expect to see from her next film, Anna Karenina (click here to check out the trailer and poster). Hit the jump to check out the interview. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World opens Friday.
- 0:09 – How she became involved with this project.
- 0:27 – Balancing the humor in the film with the sense of melancholy.
- 1:06 – What she loved about the script.
- 2:05 – How her character’s musical taste overlapped with her own.
- 2:37 – Her apocalypse soundtrack.
- 3:17 – What we should expect from Anna Karenina.