Opening this weekend is director Paul W.S. Anderson’s disaster epic Pompeii. The film stars Kit Harington (Game of Thrones) as an enslaved Celtic gladiator named Milo who falls in love with a noblewoman (Emily Browning) on the eve of a massive volcanic eruption that destroys Pompeii, an event that also brings him face-to-face with the man (Kiefer Sutherland) who slaughtered his family years earlier. The film also stars Jared Harris, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Carrie-Anne Moss, Sasha Roiz, Jessica Lucas, and Paz Vega.
At the Los Angeles press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with Kit Harington. He talked about his reaction to the finished film, the practical sets, if the script changed during production, how he prepared to film 50 fights, the challenging shoot, and Game of Thrones season 4 (which he says is the most expensive one to date). Hit the jump to watch.
- Was there anything he had to do that was extremely challenging?
- What was his reaction to the finished film? Talks about how they built practical sets and tried not to use green screen.
- How did the script change during production? Talks about how they prepared for 50 fights and scrapped about 32 of them.
- Is he a Fantastic Four fan?
- Talks about Game of Thrones season 4. Says it’s the most expensive one they’ve done yet.