Opening this weekend is director Nima Nourizadeh’s action comedy American Ultra. Written by Chronicle scribe Max Landis, the film revolves around a stoner (Jesse Eisenberg) and his girlfriend (Kristen Stewart) who find their lives disrupted when a government operation descends upon their small town with the aim of wiping the stoner out, who is in fact a sleeper agent. The film also stars Walton Goggins, Connie Britton, Bill Pullman, and Tony Hale. For more on the film, watch the trailer.
At the press day I landed a video interview with Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg. While some movies struggle to create chemistry between the leads, that’s not a problem for these two. From the way they make a scene work on screen to the way they answer questions at a press junket, it’s clear they have a genuine friendship and it helps make their on screen relationship feel real and relatable. They’re fantastic in this film.
During the interview they talked about their chemistry, if they’ve ever snuck into one of their films on opening weekend to watch it with an audience, how they got involved in the upcoming Woody Allen film, and a lot more. Check it out below.
Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg:
- Which is more likely: the film is the dream of their Adventureland characters or Adventureland is the American Ultra characters dream?
- What’s the secret to their great chemistry?
- Have they watched the movie with an audience?
- Have they ever snuck into a movie they starred in opening weekend just to see the audience reaction?
- How did they both get involved in the next Woody Allen movie?