Disney has released the first trailer for Lady and the Tramp, the live-action adaptation of the 1955 animated classic about two star-crossed dogs falling in love. Separating itself a bit from the all-digital-all-the-time strategy of Jon Favreau‘s The Lion King, the Lady and the Tramp update is using actual dogs in the lead roles, voiced by Tessa Thompson (Thor: Ragnarok) and Justin Theroux (The Spy Who Dumped Me). Charlie Bean (The LEGO Ninjago Movie) directs from a script by Andrew Bujalski (Support the Girls).
Originally conceived as a film with a traditional theater roll-out, Lady and the Tramp eventually landed on Disney’s streaming service, Disney+, where it will debut along with other first-day premieres like live-action Star Wars series The Mandalorian and MCU staples like Captain Marvel.
Look, if you think I’m going to have anything negative to say about a trailer with this many cute dogs, you are out of your mind. If I was brainstorming Disney remakes, “live-action dog romance” would not be the first idea to spring to mind, but hey, live-action dogs are always wonderful.
Check out the trailer below. Lady and the Tramp debuts on Disney+ when the streaming service launches on November 12. The film also stars Kiersey Clemons and Thomas Mann in live-action roles, with additional voice work from Janelle Monáe, Sam Elliott, Benedict Wong, Kiersey Clemons, Yvette Nicole Brown, Thomas Mann, Ashley Jensen, Arturo Castro and Adrian Martinez.
For more on Lady and the Tramp and the rest of the Disney+ slate, check out the links below:
- Disney+ Rolls Out First Posters for ‘Lady and the Tramp’, ‘Noelle’, and More
- Disney Unveils First Look at ‘Lady and the Tramp’ Starring Tessa Thompson, Justin Theroux
- ‘One Day at Disney’ Trailer Reveals New Disney+ Documentary Series
- First Poster for ‘The Mandalorian’ Offers a New Look at the Disney+ Star Wars Series
- ‘Home Alone,’ ‘Night at the Museum,’ ‘Wimpy Kid’ Reboots Coming to Disney+