Fall TV is poised to return in a big way in just a few weeks, but one of the most anticipated new shows of the season is undoubtedly Netflix’s Marvel series, Luke Cage. The marketing material, centering on Mike Colter as the title superhero, has been … shall we say, cagey with plot details. But when you have the charismatic Colter in the lead playing a character who won legions of new fans in his Jessica Jones debut, you don’t really need to tease the story anymore; people are already on board.
So Colter busting through the cover of SFX Magazine–plus a bonus image from within that publication’s folds–comes as bulletproof icing on the cake and serves as teasing reminder of the series’ impending arrival. Also starring Alfre Woodard as Mariah Dillard, Simone Missick as Misty Knight, Theo Rossi as Shades, Frank Whaley as Rafael Scarfe, and Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple, Luke Cage premieres on Netflix on September 30th.
Check out the SFX Magazine image and cover below (via Games Radar):
Here’s the official synopsis for Luke Cage:
After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage (Mike Colter) becomes a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City. But he is soon pulled out of the shadows and must fight a battle for the heart of his city – forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury.
For more on Luke Cage, be sure to check out some of our recent write-ups below:
- New ‘Luke Cage’ Trailer: A Defender Comes to Protect Harlem
- ‘Luke Cage’ Poster Teases the Bulletproof Superhero
- ‘The Defenders’: Elden Henson’s Foggy Nelson Will Appear in Netflix’s Anticipated Marvel Series
- Everything We Learned About Marvel Studios’ Upcoming Movies & TV Series at Comic-Con 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ EPs & Mike Colter on Bringing the Unapologetically Black Superhero to Netflix