Since Marvel/Netflix debuted the 13-episode series Luke Cage this past Friday, you’re probably all caught up and done with your binging, right? If not, you should probably just quit reading now since we’re going to be delving into spoiler territory concerning Mike Colter and his title hero. If you are caught up, or simply want to know more about the comic book history of the character and his small-screen adaptation, then you’ve come to the right place.
As he often does, Mr. Sunday Movies has rounded up all the Easter eggs and comic book character explanations needed to guide you through your second Luke Cage watch; we’ve included his video below, but make sure to check out Evan Valentine‘s villain explainer here. Speaking of villains, EW has a chat with the intimidating comic book criminal Cottonmouth, a.k.a. Cornell Stokes (Mahershala Ali) as well as a follow-up with Diamondback / Willis Stryker himself, Erik LaRay Harvey. Elsewhere, THR catches up with NYPD Detectives Rafael Scarfe (Frank Whaley) and Misty Knight (Simone Messick) to see what they make of all the criminal activity and superhero showdowns on Luke Cage.
For more of our previous coverage on all things Luke Cage, check out the following links:
- ‘Luke Cage’ Review: Netflix Delivers the Hero We Need
- ‘Luke Cage’: Mike Colter and EPs on Why the Marvel Series Is a Western, Season 2, and…
- Watch: ‘Luke Cage’ Opening Credits Show Harlem in Mike Colter’s DNA
- ‘Luke Cage’ Jumped Ahead of ‘Iron Fist’ Because of the Character’s Popularity on ‘Jessica Jones’
- Final ‘Luke Cage’ Trailer Goes After the King; Best Not Miss
All the spoilers follow below!