Opening this weekend is Dracula Untold. Directed by Gary Shore, the film stars Luke Evans as Vlad, a character based on Vlad the Impaler. When the Turkish ruler Mehmet (Dominic Cooper) threatens to take 1,000 boys from Transylvania including Vlad’s son, Vlad makes a desperate play to save them by becoming a vampire. The film also stars Sarah Gadon, Charles Dance, Art Parkinson, and Noah Huntley. For more on the film, watch a clip or read 50 things to know about Dracula Untold from our set visit.
The other day in New York City I spoke with Luke Evans about the film. He talked about why Dracula has remained popular for generations, how the film is focused on Dracula’s family and if that’s one of the things that drew him to the project, the challenging shoot, using social media, Ben Wheatley’s High Rise, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- He asked me if I do reviews. I explained why I don’t.
- How much does he enjoy using Twitter?
- What is it about Dracula that has kept it popular for generations?
- The film is focused on Dracula’s family. Is that one of the things that drew him to the project?
- Was the shoot a lot of fun or super challenging?
- Talks about Ben Wheatley’s High Rise.