Well before the pricking of their thumbs and the coming of some wicked thing, the three witches of Shakespeare’s Macbeth sought out the Thane Who Would Be King. This new clip from director Justin Kurzel’s upcoming adaptation reimagines this first meeting between power players, with Michael Fassbender’s title character quickly falling victim to the witches’ words. If the creepy new clip wasn’t enough, we’re also treated to a pair of posters that reenact the momentous occasion.
According to IMDB, the Three Witches (plus a Child Witch) are played by Lynn Kennedy, Seylan Baxter, Kayla Fallon, and Amber Rissman, respectively. Marion Cotillard plays Macbeth’s wife and co-conspirator, with Sean Harris and Elizabeth Debicki playing Macduff and Lady Macduff, David Thewlis as Duncan, Jack Reynor as Malcolm, and Paddy Considine as Banquo. Look for Macbeth in U.S. theaters starting on December 4th. Amazon Prime will also have limited exclusive streaming rights shortly following the movie’s release.
Here’s the official synopsis for Macbeth:
From the producers of THE KING’S SPEECH comes the feature film adaptation of Shakespeare’s play MACBETH about Scottish General Macbeth (Michael Fassbender) whose ambitious wife (Marion Cotillard) urges him to use wicked means in order to gain power of the throne over the sitting king.
Get caught up with our previous Macbeth coverage by checking out some of our recent articles below:
- All Hail the U.S. Trailer for ‘Macbeth’
- MACBETH Opening in December; Coming to Amazon Prime on Early VOD
- MACBETH Trailer: All Hail Fassbender and Cotillard in the Justin Kurzel’s Adaptation
- First MACBETH Clips Show a Highly Stylized War and Coronation
- First MACBETH Footage Shows Intense Visuals and Performances from Fassbender and Cotillard
- New MACBETH Images Featuring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard