Warner Bros. has released a new high-resolution image from Zack Snyder’s upcoming Superman film Man of Steel. This new image—which shows Supes in handcuffs being escorted down a hallway by a barrage of military personnel—is actually pretty familiar, as it was used to construct the pic’s most recent poster and it’s a notable part of the film’s latest trailer. In addition to giving us a brief glimpse at Christopher Meloni‘s Colonel Hardy character (in the back on the far right), this image also poses a number of questions like why is Superman in cuffs to begin with and why doesn’t he just bust out of them? Hopefully all will be answered when the film finally hits theaters this summer.
Hit the jump to take a look at the high-resolution image. The pic stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Michael Shannon, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, and Russell Crowe. Man of Steel opens in 3D on June 14th.
Click to enlarge.
Here’s the official synopsis for Man of Steel:
In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone’s imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question – Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as “Superman,” not only to shine as the world’s last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.
Click here to catch up on all of our Man of Steel coverage, or peruse the links below:
- J.J. Abrams Talks His Scrapped SUPERMAN: FLYBY Script and How It Relates to MAN OF STEEL
- New Images from MAN OF STEEL; Zack Snyder Calls His Superman “More Relatable, More Human”
- MAN OF STEEL Magazine Cover Features Henry Cavill as Superman and Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Early Screening Buzz for MAN OF STEEL Highly Positive; Teases “Tons of Action” and All-CG Cape
- Toy Fair 2013: MAN OF STEEL Figures for Superman, Jor-El, General Zod, and Faora
- New Black-and-White Image of Amy Adams as Lois Lane in MAN OF STEEL
- JUSTICE LEAGUE Greenlight Depending on MAN OF STEEL’S Box Office Success
- David S. Goyer Says He Wrote MAN OF STEEL “As If It Were Real,” Not a Lowly Comic Book Movie
- MAN OF STEEL Graces the Cover of Empire Magazine’s Summer Preview Issue
- MAN OF STEEL Gets PG-13 Rating for “Intense Sci-Fi Violence, Action and Destruction”
- MAN OF STEEL Star Russell Crowe Reveals Details on Krypton and Calls Zack Snyder’s Version “Complicated and Complex” with a “Super Sonic” Superman