It’s been 35 years since the first Super Mario Bros. game was released! Check out the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct for news on upcoming Super Mario games and products releasing before Spring 2021!
35 years ago, a little pixelated plumber changed the World. Super Mario Bros., Shigeru Miyamoto‘s game-changing creation has gone on to achieve three-and-a-half decades of fame and fortune, featuring an incredibly diverse array of game types, mechanics, characters, and approaches. That pioneering spirit continues in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead for Mario & Co. as Nintendo just unveiled plans to celebrate the franchise’s legacy while moving forward with all new titles. Here they are in brief:
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars: Three Mario adventures in one collection –Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy — arrives on Nintendo Switch with HD visuals on September 18th as a limited release until the end of March 2021.
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit will be released by Nintendo worldwide on October 16, 2020.
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury will launch on February 12, 2021.
- Super Mario Bros. 35 is a competitive 35-player online battle where the last Mario standing wins! Beat courses while sending each other enemies you defeat! Coming 10/1 until 3/31 exclusively to Nintendo Switch Online.
- Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. system! Play Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, a Mario version of Ball, and enjoy a digital clock with 35 little touches, arriving 11/13.
More trailers and info on the upcoming games follow below, right after this Super Mario Bros. medley video!