I love interviewing Martin Freeman. Not only is he a very talented actor that’s always great in front of the camera; it’s also because no matter what you want to talk about, he always finds a way to work in funny stories that will make you laugh. My interview last week in London for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies was no different. Not only did he talk about what people say about him online, or what he’d ask J. R. R. Tolkien if he could travel back in time, he told an amazing R-rated story about the game he likes to play with his cast mates – specifically Aidan Turner. Trust me, there is no way you watch this interview and not laugh out loud. Hit the jump to watch.
As most of you know, the final chapter in Peter Jackson‘s Hobbit trilogy, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, opens tomorrow. Unlike the first two installments of The Hobbit, the final chapter is almost non-stop action and features some incredible sequences that fans of The Lord of the Rings will absolutely love. In addition, if you have the chance to see it in 3D, the added ticket price is worth it for this movie. The film stars Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Evangeline Lilly, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Stephen Fry, Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, Ken Stott, James Nesbitt, and Orlando Bloom.
- How much does he follow what people are saying online about him?
- Does he have any embarrassing moments from set that he can share?
- Talks about how he used to do “would you rathers” on set and what he asked Aidan Turner.
- If he could go back in time and ask J. R. R. Tolkien a question about his character or the Lord of the Rings universe what would he ask?
- What is it like being back on Sherlock?