You may remember seeing glimpses of a full timeline of films for Marvel’s upcoming Phase 3 slate during the studio’s big unveiling presentation, but you’d be forgiven for forgetting seeing as how Marvel Studios dumped a lot of big news that day. Not to worry, because Marvel has now officially revealed the Phase 3 timeline image, which might come in handy when trying to keep track of all the superhero movies we have on tap. Ant-Man was originally supposed to kick off the next phase, but that film has now been moved under the Phase 2 banner as sort of a post-script after Avengers: Age of Ultron. The real Phase 3 festivities begin on May 6, 2016 with the release of Captain America: Civil War, which pits Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man against Chris Evans’ Captain America, with Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther and Daniel Bruhl’s unnamed villain also in the mix.
Check out the full Marvel Phase 3 timeline image after the jump.
Marvel officially revealed the following Phase 3 timeline on Twitter. Take a look below, followed by what we know about each film thus far.
- Captain America: Civil War – Directed by The Winter Soldier helmers Joe and Anthony Russo. Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans co-star in the film, which presumably delves into the comics storyline of Civil War, setting Iron Man and Captain America as enemies. The film will also serve as the introduction for Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther, and Daniel Brul was recently cast a one of the film’s villains.
- Doctor Strange – Directed by Scott Derrickson (Sinister), Benedict Cumberbatch is now in negotiations to take on the lead role of a narcissistic former neurosurgeon with mystical powers. Bruh’s Civil War villain may also be serving as the main villain in this film.
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – Written and directed by the first film’s helmer James Gunn, the main ensemble cast is expected to return. Not much else is known at this time, but be sure to check out Steve’s new interview with Gunn to see what the director will say about the sequel.
- Thor: Ragnarok – No director has been announced just yet, but Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are set to star. The subtitle refers to a world-ending event in relation to Asgard.
- Black Panther – No director, but the picture will serve as Chadwick Boseman’s own feature after his introduction in Civil War.
- Avengers: Infinity War Part I – This film will kick off the galactic Infinity War saga, which involves Thanos (Josh Brolin) finally bringing the pain to The Avengers. There are strong indications that the Russo Brothers will be directing the two-part Avengers 3, as Joss Whedon looks likely to step down.
- Captain Marvel – Marvel Studios’ first female-led superhero picture. No director or cast just yet.
- Avengers: Infinity War Part II – The concluding installment to the next Avengers picture, which will be filmed at the same time as Part I.
- Inhumans – This film will take Marvel further into the cosmic realm.